Monday, October 17, 2011

I Like *** Since I Was Little And Forever


When I was little I’m a big fan of egg. Breakfast, lunch, dinner you name it everything must have egg!!! To some extent even my family teased me because I like it too much “tula~ makan telur banyak sangat. Kepala pun besar macam telur dah.” I just can’t help it. The taste, the colour of the egg white, the oozing of the egg yolk plus it can goes along with almost anything anytime and not to forget very easy to prepare too. The first thing that I asked my mom to teach me in the kitchen is how to cook an egg. After that I watched and learnt from this dude who sells burger near a petrol station. The way he cooked the egg was beautiful. I like the smell of it so I asked him what else did he added to the egg. I went back home and asked my mom “mak, ada seasoning maggi dengan ajinomto tak?” The next morning I decided to prepare breakfast for my family, and everyone loves it *I think*

Everytime I go makan at mamak’s masa kecik-kecik with my family, mak and abah akan tanya;

“Angah nak makan apa?”

“Angah nak roti telur. Air teh ais.”

Roti Telur and Teh Ais is a must woo. When I went to SDAR, my friend Farhan Md Nor introduce mamak maggi goreng dengan telur mata to me. At first I thought it will taste like instant maggi but to my surprise, I’m lovin it!!! When my family and I go makan in a restaurant if we don’t buy dinner set I will have Nasi Pattaya or Nasi Goreng USA or Nasi Daging Merah with egg. Telur lagi!? *smile*

People do asked me “tak muak ke makan telur?” *laugh* I think egg is the only thing about food that I will not get bored, but don’t get me wrong. My palate is ‘open’ to other type of foods too. That’s why I like people who know something about food because I can pamper my palate with new savour. Person like my sister, because of her I know portugese egg tart and macaroon (sumpah sedap!!!), and also people who know where the best makan place in town, like my father and some of my friends. I hereby want to make a daring statement that will disappoint many other cooking ingredients. *peace*

“I LIKE EGG SINCE I WAS LITTLE AND FOREVER.”

Khairul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

roti telur dengan teh memang fevret ah kalau lepak kat mamak ni!

cik nurul~

A.KHAIRUL said...

sekarang aku lagi suka maggi goreng dengan telur mata, tambah 2 pinggan!!!