Saturday, September 19, 2009

India Chapter: Part1

09/09/09 was the most significant and momentous date in my life. I’ve been dreaming to further my study abroad since primary school, and my dream came true on that very day... Alhamdulillah... I was deeply touched when my uncles and their family were there at the airport to send me, and also my fellow SDARians (Mentol, Mad, Atif, Izwan and Zaid). The only thing that makes me terkilan sangat because I didn’t had the chance to give my mother pelukan terakhir. InshaAllah mak, angah akan ingat pesan mak selalu. 22:10 hours, MH192 left Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Bangalore.

10/09/09. We stayed for one night at the Mount View Hotel, very nice place but they charged us per head which was quite expensive. Our flight to Mangalore supposed to be at 06:00 hours, but the ‘officer’ in charge said our flight was cancelled – there was strike going on at the Bangalore International Airport at that time. Thought that we have to stay for another night at the hotel – another 1,800 rupees – we were lucky because there was another flight that evening. From Mangalore Airport to MM Medical College (MMMC) we got the chance to experience the-extreme-roller-coaster-ride, just use your imagination. It took 1 hour and 45 minutes to reach our campus.

11/09/09. The Malaysian seniors are great, ala diorang pun same umur gak dengan kitorg. They all took us for a walk around the campus area, showed us some makan place in the area. We bought some stuff – dissection kit, lab coat, name tag. We took AUTO to the mosque for Friday prayer, only 15 rupees. Then we went shopping again. We break fast at Manipal Canteen. The food was great – SERIOUSLY – After Isya’ we tarawikh in my room. I don’t expect much from India, but so far everything looks fine.

14/09/09. Registration day. Went through lot of process. Waiting for the long queue. Plus everything seems to be disorganized to me. I paid half of the hostel fee. After Zuhur, went to the MMMC building with Redza. They spelt his name wrongly. Then, went to the Manipal.Edu building to get the ‘no objection form’ from the chief warden. Went to BNSL – the India Internet service provider that the staff itself don’t use any laptops or desktops!! And we asked them to install internet connection in our room, what a joke =P. Bought egg cheese burger at Dollops for break fast. After Maghrib, went to bed early. Woke up at 23.45 for Isya’ prayer.


Khairul

2 comments:

rainbOw said...

chang,tahun ni kne raye ngn aci2 ke??haha!!slamat ari raye org johor!!maaf kayh kalu ade slh silap!!

A.KHAIRUL said...

min.. aci2 kat sini tak same macam kat malaysia... lawa2 beb... baylee pun dah cair dgn aci2 kat sini... hehehe..

Salam Aidilfitri, kirim salam kat budak2 US yang lain..