Sunday, April 15, 2012

Drama TV Dulu dan Sekarang


For those who were born in 80’s-90’s, still remember when we were 7? Bollywood filems were such a great hit in Malaysia. I still remember watching Kuch Kuch Hota hai, Mohabbatein, Badshah, Raju Chacha, and Phir Bil Dil He Hindustani. Every Sunday afternoon, the whole family will sit together in the living room watching Hindustan. I don’t know if TV3 still air bollywoods filem on Sunday afternoon, because I rarely watched tv back home nowadays. The best part is, even during Hari Raya when we visited our parents friend’s house they talked about how sad the movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai that they broke into tears. Kelakar.
Then after Y2K they started to air telenovela from Latin America. I bet some of us still remember Rosalinda and the ‘catchy’ song Rosalinda ayamore. It’s quite a phenomena la at that time. If I’m not mistaken they aired the show every weekdays afternoon nak dekat-dekat asar macam tu.


When we were in high school, Malaysia dibanjiri dengan drama-drama dari Negara jiran Indonesia. At that time I was in boarding school, still we have TV in our classrooms so during evening prep hours some of us did watched Bawang Putih Bawang Merah. The rest I can’t remember but I believed there’s a lot of Indonesia dramas aired in Malaysia at that time. When I went back home during school holidays, even my mom, my nenek and aunts watched those drama. *geleng kepala* haha


Then now in the third decade of my life, almost every house has Astro decoder, Korean dramas have invaded our living room in Johor. I don’t know how and when it had started, all that I knew was the whole family were watching Korean dramas at night while having dinner. Yes people, even my mom can tell the name of those Korean actors. What about me? Well, I don’t watch Korean dramas but I do watch Korean variety show like Running Man. Have you ever heard about it? It was hilarious, more like game kejar-kejar but very unique. *smile*

So since 90’s till today our people mak-mak, anak-anak, remaja even ourselves have been exposed to many dramas from overseas. I think it’s a great thing for us to be exposed with other cultures by watching those dramas. Plus it can be tiring if we work all day long (especially mak-mak), so taking a break watching those sinetron or drama is fine i guess. Everything that is good we can take as an example, anything that is against our religion and culture better for us to leave it. Drama-drama juga, kerja lain jangan sampai tak jalan ya~

Khairul

3 comments:

ryu shin ah said...

ko layan running man mad? haha =P

A.KHAIRUL said...

Boleh la layan, kelakar kot. =D

ryu shin ah said...

like like like (^^) haha