Sunday, December 9, 2012

Movie Pick of The Week (18)



Salam and good day everyone. Been quite some time I haven’t post anything new in this humble blog of mine. The thing is I was busy managing my time with the new working environment. As for now, I’m doing my clinical phase a.k.a Junior Clerkship of MBBS degree in Melaka. Once in awhile I’ll be going to Muar too. I’ve finished my surgery (pembedahan) and obstetrics & gynaecology (sakit puan) posting for the past two months and currently I’m in paediatric posting (kanak-kanak) right now. That’s it, the latest update about me.

Last Saturday (1/12/2012) A.K.N.I watched Life of Pi at Jusco AEON Tebrau. This is one of the movies that my late brother-in-law and I looking forward to watch this year. The movie was directed by Ang Lee the same director for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (2000), Hulk (2003), Brokeback Mountain (2005) and starring Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan, Adil Hussain.


What about the movie? If I’m being ask to describe the film in one word. I shall say, BEAUTIFUL. A little bit of the plot taken from IMDb website, “A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor ... a fearsome Bengal tiger.” During the 227 days at sea, Pi had discovered a lot of things about life. He did learn something from those animals the Orang Utan, the Hyena, the Zebra, the Tiger “Richard Parker”, the sea, the unpredictable weather, the carnivorous island, it was as if The Creator is communicating to him. At the end of the story, Pi end up telling two version of stories, one with the animals, the other was with his mother, a sailor with a broken leg, and the ship's cook. At some point, you will be asking this question “which one is the true story?”

Although it was a 2 hours movie and I didn’t feel I’ve been sitting in the cinema that long. Smooth plot, with many wonderful “magical” scenes in the movie that will amaze you, plus the dialog was so meaningful. Some of it really struck my thoughts. “I’m afraid of the tiger, so I have to be alert”. Try to relate it with our daily life. Bertakwa kepada Tuhan, mentaati Tuhan yang Esa, melakukan segala perintahNya dan menjauhi segala laranganNya. Kita perlu peka, be alert. After watching this movie, it reminds me to this one particular movie that I watched long time ago, Big Fish. In this movie too, you will experience this feeling “is the father telling his son the true story of his life’s adventure?” All in all, I recommend you guys to watch this movie. There’s no gun fighting scene, no kissing scene, or romantic scene whatsoever, but there’s no harm in changing your movie preference once in awhile right? Have a nice day people. *smile*

Khairul

No comments: