Sunday, July 8, 2012

True Muslim is Straightforward

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. The other day, I told something in twitter which I didn’t intend to do in the first place. But something happened and I think I should clear things up for everyone. Honestly, to talk about something personal like relationship status openly is not my style. That is why I only shared about it with my twitter friends, 55 of them not hundreds or thousands.

I don’t like to gossip about others and others to gossip about me. Whenever people talk about other’s personal life, I prefer not to be an “investigating officer”. Dengar sekadar dengar, masuk telinga kanan keluar telinga kiri. Kalau tuan empunya badan nak bercerita dia akan cerita, kita tiada hak untuk campur tangan masalah peribadi orang. That is my principle. If people want to say I’m anti-social because of that, you can say what you want. *smile*

“…. Nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you would abhor it. But fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning. Most Merciful.” (Quran 49:12)

To share with people about other’s good deeds are good, but please keep the bad things to yourself. Even when you give a speech if you want to share them as a reminder, you have to do it with adab. Remembering the words of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

“Do you know what gossip is?” They said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He said, “It is your saying about your brother something which he dislikes.” He was asked, “What do you think if what I say about my brother is true?” He said, “If it is true then you have gossiped about him, and if it is not true then you have slandered him.” (Muslim)

Gossip is a bad characteristic which does not befit a real man. Rather it is a feature of two-faced cowards who look like a man, those who gossip to people about their brothers and friends, then when they meet them they smile warmly and make a display of friendship. If you want to know the whole story asked directly to the person, don’t jump into conclusion easily. Think. There is another story behind every story.

The true Muslim is straightforward, never two-faced. He meets all people with a friendly, smiling face and does not differentiate between people in the face he presents to them. Being two-faced is the essence of hypocrisy and that hypocrisy and Islam do not go together. 

Khairul

No comments: