Saturday, July 28, 2012

Kempen Sambutan Kemerdekaan atau dot dot dot

A few days back, I noticed a trending topic in Malaysia, 55th Merdeka logo. Everybody was talking about the logo and I was like "what's up with the new logo?" because I haven't seen it yet at that time. I was curious. Later that evening when I reached home, I googled . Let's not be biased, so I'm going to show you the 55th Merdeka logo and lagu tema first, and later you can read my response.



When I first saw the logo, first thing that came to my mind was "Eh?". Later my sister asked for my comment, so what I'm about to write here is my personal opinion. In terms of the design =(. If you still can remember previous Hari Merdeka logo, you probably will agree with me. The same goes with the slogan "Janji Ditepati", I didn't feel the "thrill" sorry to say but it's not there. What's "Janji Ditepati" have to do with Semangat Kemerdekaan? Since 1970 we have different theme for Hari Kemerdekaan and you can feel that all the themes convey messages of Kemakmuran, Perpaduan Kaum and Kemajuan Negara (you can see it here.) Then I started to wonder "Ini kempen Sambutan Hari Kemerdekaan atau kempen parti?".


No biggie man it's just a logo. People asked for my opinion, so I just give my say about the matter. Just because people don't like the logo and theme song, doesn't mean that they don't love their country. If PAKATAN win this upcoming PRU13, I believe everybody will be anticipating what theme they'll come up with for the next Sambutan Hari Kemerdekaan. Just wait and see!!! *smile*

Khairul

No comments: