Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why So Emo???

10 years back, the only social network that we knew were MIRC32, chat room and email. There are nothing like all the social networks like those that we have these days. Today almost everyone has a Facebook account. To some people they might have their own blog (blogspot, wordpress) and microblog (twitter, tumblr). Others maybe a FLICKR pro account or a YouTube account with thousands or even better millions followers. This post is in concern with some over-reactive-emo-status that i read in twitter and facebook.

Facebook.
Lately, I’m not very active with my Facebook account and the main reason, the news feed. Seriously I can’t stand reading all those personal problems, putus cinta la, maki bos la, maki pelanggan, maki cashier, maki orang tu, maki orang ni, using vulgar language. Another thing is people who leave comments to the emo (read as bad mood) status. Some I admit, they did used proper words but most people lebih kepada simbah minyak pada api.  I do respect other’s freedom of expression and since I can’t change them, so I decided to slow things down with my facebook account. I don’t want to “unfriend” them because I know these people, but…  

The reason why I still have my facebook account active is because I still want to keep in touch with my old friends from primary school, high school and college. Saying hi, ask them where they’re studying now, when will it be our next gathering, plan activities together, stuff like that. Please don’t spread your emo-virus to others. Social network = social gathering, supposed to be a happy place where people share good things. If you want to be emo, please go and see a psychiatrist, faith healer, ustaz, priest, monk, or guru. Have your own blog.

Blogger.
Blog is the best place on the net for people to express and share their thoughts, ideas, experiences and business. If a person wants to be emo in his/her own blog I don’t mind, at least he doesn’t spam other’s timeline with emo status like facebook’s news feed, eveytime you click the home icon there will be another new emo status. When a person write an emo post it can be either he/she is mad with him/herself or he/she was pissed off by others *true story*. Either way, my advice is try to be rational when you write down things. This is what an ustaz said. When he writes a post, he tries to rationalize the bad things from the past and put it in a good way so that it has some sort of good meaning without changing the important facts. As a Muslim, kita perlu sentiasa bersangka baik dengan Allah walaupun pada masa kita diuji, pedihnya hanya Allah yang tahu. For the readers, it's good enough as long as they get the right message.

For me, I use this blog as a medium to express my thoughts, my opinions, to share with readers things that I did in the past that might inspire them or prevent them from doing the same mistakes. A place where I can write a short story and things that I did in a week. Yes, this blog is an archive that records the journey of my life.

Twitter.
They called it the microblog. For me twitter is like my personal diary. Personal, yeah sure… hahaha. Fine la not that personal, but since you can make your account private anytime and you can decide who can follows you and who can’t ,so you’ll have more privacy isn't it? Tak payah lagi beli buku tulis diari. Plus you can unfollow or block a person, any time. No offense people. So if you know anyone who likes to post emo status on facebook, tell that person to have a twitter account and make it private. These people whining about life as if others don’t have problems. Deal with your problem instead of keluarkan kata-kata kesat tak tentu pasal. Now I’m being emo. *wink*. I always have this moment when suddenly I have doubt on certain things or out of nowhere I find the answer, so i tweet about it and with twitter it's easy to keep myself up-to-date with the current news. *smile* 

So people, be wise and be professional using social network services. Control your emotions in real life and cyber world. 

Khairul

No comments: