Friday, March 11, 2011

Movies Pick of The Week (9)




Merong Mahawangsa and The Fighter

Yesterday I went to Jusco Tebrau City to look for new reading material and also to watch satu dua filem. I was there from 11.30am till 10.30pm. What the heck!!?? Rilek2 let me story first la. First thing that I did when I got there, I bought 5 movie tickets (Merong Mahawangsa). Then beli-belah tingkap. After complete one round, I took a break and end up at HARRIS bookstore. I bought one book entitle Uswatun Hasanah. After Dzuhur prayer, I lepak at food court located on the top floor (bought a drink and read some books).

3.30pm I decided to take a break, then I went back to the TGV counter with the intention to watch 127 hours. I have no luck with that because the earliest show was at 6.00pm, so I go for The Fighter (Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale and Amy Adams). The movie was a bit slow I yawn several times (hahaha), still there’s a message in the movie. Lot of conflicts between Dicky and his family, girlfriends, ex-wife, friends and the urge to pursue his dream to be the world champion in welterweight class.

8.15pm it’s Merong Mahawangsa time. I missed the first 30 minutes of the movie since my friends showed up late. Hahaha. What about Merong Mahawangsa (MM)? I think it’s a great movie. The cinematography was great, KRU can do much better in the future. I like all the fighting scenes, the stunts and all (they look real). As much that I expected it to be an inspiring movie like The Gladiator, kurang lawak atau dialog Merong yang macam ini “I thought I said one at a time” masa scene berlawan dekat tepi pantai sebab bagi saya dialog tu macam tak perlu je. Tak tahulah kalau memang sejak dari dahulu lagi keturunan Melayu ada sense of humor yang macam tu. Overall MM is a must watched movie. KRU CGI effect is getting better and better, the costumes and environment were awesome. Sebuah filem tempatan yang saya rasa boleh mendapat tempat di peringkat antarabangsa jika diberi peluang. Have fun watching it!!!

Khairul

No comments: