Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Travel: China "Cold" Adventure (Part1)



Almost a month since I updated my last post. Actually I just got back from China few days ago. I went travelling with my two other friends, Syazwan and Rudy for 17 days to Hong Kong and 4 major cities in China (Guillin, Xi’an, Beijing and Shanghai). It was awesome!!! I enjoyed the trip very much though at some point we were all worn-out plus the super cold weather. 
 
When we went to China, it was during ‘shoulder season’ which is before the peak season in summer and spring I think. They said during this time, hostels and ticket prices are much cheaper. Yeah, we slept at budget hostels, which we booked from www.hostelworld.com.  It was cheap, around RM30-70 per night.

Finding halal food is not a problem in China, most of the places you can find Muslim restaurants in the city. All you have to do is walk. My favorites, Sate Kambing and fried vegetables, dah balik Malaysia pun masih teringat-ingat *smile*. Few tips I want to share, if you're planning to go backpacking to other countries, buy some rations from Malaysia like 3in1 drink, instant noodles or soup, energy bar and nutella just in case if you guys can’t find any halal place. Make sure to search on the net for the Halal logo of that particular country before you go there.

Regarding travel budget, it is better to make a rough estimation of your travel budget before you go backpacking. I did make one budget list, but didn’t bring enough ringgits and ended up borrowing money from my friend. One important thing!! Make sure to exchange all Ringgits you have to the currency of that country you're going to visit before leaving Malaysia. Trust me, it will benefit you later. I don’t know why but it seems that Malaysia Ringgit is not accepted in some countries, or is it because we still implementing that Ringgits hanya laku di Malaysia sahaja (1998 crisis).

The highlights of our adventure in China were the Terracotta Army Museum and The Great Wall of China. We did met some friendly local Muslims who even invited the three of us for dinner, that was in Xi’an. Also when we were in Beijing, we visited Beijing Foreign Studies University and met fellow Malaysian students that study there and make new friends. Thanks to Fayaddh for taking us for a walk around Beijing. I already uploaded some pictures on my facebook account (must add friend first) and videos of every city that we visited on my youtube channel. *smile*


Moga perjalanan selama 17 hari di bumi Tanah Besar China memberi ilham dan pengajaran kepada kami untuk terus perbaiki diri dan menjadi lebih maju. 

Khairul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheers for the post, definitly something which i found interesting, enough to create me drop this comment.