Friday, December 24, 2010

Good Guys Finish Last

It’s Normal. Saya Pernah Gagal dan Saya Okay.

Throughout my academic life I have faced many failure. When I was in kindergarten, I had once got D for my drawing and colouring. My best friend got an A with 3 stars and at that time I was damn jealous with him. He is a Chinese boy by the way, I used to call him Yu. I went back home and MAK showed me my sis’s drawings. After that I bought the ‘captain planet’ colouring book and practice colouring day and night. Second year of my sekolah tadika guess what, I’ve got an A with 4 stars. =D

Primary school again another failure in my UPSR penulisan Bahasa Melayu trial paper. We supposed to choose a topic from part A and write another essay for part B. Terlampau-pandai-sangat, I wrote 2 essays from part A and forgot about the part B. Duh!! =(

Secondary school. When I was in lower form, it took me sometimes to understand the concept of math. All of sudden all this terminology ‘anu’ ‘interger’ ‘x’ ‘y’ came up. WTH!!! Luckily I survived the PMR. Then form 4 another failure in add math and chemistry paper. During the school breaks in December, I have my own intensive study planned and Alhamdulillah my final year in SDAR was a success.

Doing IB, I was introduced with the class test system which till now I still don’t like. They said that the same system is implemented in most of the universities, 100% agree!!! Again I survived the 2 years International Baccalaureate Programme and now doing my MBBS in MMMC, Manipal.

What I’m trying to say here is, don’t be afraid of failing. It’s normal. Not just in academic but also in life. Facing so many phase of being a loser/failure during my 21 years of life, I try to accept them in a good way. That is a sign from God to test my faith and also to remind me that I have responsibilities.

And in the future when I have my own child inshaAllah, of course I'll be expecting them to do well in their study. But if they do fail, at least I know how to encourage them to work harder. They can't argue with me and say "what do you know about failure, you always did well in your exam!".

Tidak kira berapa kali kamu jatuh, apa yang paling penting adalah untuk bangkit semula dan kembali berjuang”

Khairul

No comments: